Lac La Biche RCMP arrested a Fort McMurray man on an outstanding warrant, following a police chase.
On May 13, 2023, at 2:50 a.m., Lac La Biche RCMP responded to a complaint of a suspicious vehicle parked in a back alley.
A male was found passed out behind the wheel with a prohibited firearm in the passenger seat.
Police ran a check on the vehicle, that showed it was stolen out of Fort McMurray earlier in the week.
Officers say they attempted a high-risk takedown to effect an arrest, but the driver woke and managed to get the stolen vehicle out.
The Lac La Biche RCMP pursued the vehicle with the assistance of officers from Fort McMurray, which led to a rural area north of Lac La Biche.
The RCMP plane arrived and located the suspect’s vehicle.
Police Dog Services from St. Paul and Wood Buffalo were called in, and the suspect was located and taken into custody.
33-year-old, Mark Andrew Tremblay, of Fort McMurray was wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for being unlawfully at large on a parole breach, and is being charged with an additional fifteen charges:
- Flight from Peace Officer
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle
- Operate motor vehicle while prohibited
- Fail to remain at the scene of an accident
- Mischief damage to property over $5000
- Possession of stolen property over $5000
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a firearm knowing possession is unauthorized
- Possession of firearm contrary to court order (4 counts)
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
Tremblay was taken into custody and will appear in court on May 29, 2023.