Free tree cutting permit available for personal use

Whether you’re looking for your own special Christmas Tree, or simply need to top up on some firewood this holiday season, Alberta’s Agriculture and Forestry are reminding you that a free permit is required.

The Personal Use of Forest Products Permit is available from Alberta’s Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry on their website.

The permit allows individuals to harvest trees on Crown land within the Alberta Forest areas for use as firewood, Christmas Trees, and even for posts.

For more information on what is, and is not allowed, click here.

More from 100.5 Cruz FM