Two people were arrested in Fort McMurray on July 20 after police received complaints of a hit and run in the Timberlea area.
After conducting a patrol of the area, officers located the suspect vehicle parked with two individuals seen nearby entering a taxicab.
A traffic stop was initiated with the cab and the male and female passengers were arrested without incident.
Cristopher Theriault is facing the following charges:
- Fail to remain at the scene of an accident
- Impaired operation by drug
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
The female’s name has not been released at this time as charges are still pending.
Christopher was remanded into police custody following a Judicial Interim Release hearing with his next court appearance on July 26 in the Fort McMurray Provincial Court.
Wood Buffalo RCMP would like to thank the individuals who witnessed the offence and relayed that information to officers leading to the arrest.