Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw announced on Monday that due to PCR appointments being overwhelmed only high-risk individuals will be tested moving forward:
- Healthcare workers
- Group home, disability support and shelter workers.
- Correctional facility staff in provincial/federal facilities.
- Those in clinical care settings such as hospital, clinics, and pharmacies.
- People connected to an outbreak.
- People who have been told by AHS Public Health to get a test.
Hinshaw asked during the live COVID update that those with a PCR test appointment booked to cancel it to free up their spot.
AHS are providing an at home rapid test self-report document for those that require proof of a negative test for either work, school, or travel.
For your COVID-19 update there are now 57,332 active cases in the province with a 38.38 % positivity rate on a 7-day average.
In Fort McMurray active cases have jumped up to 563 (+172) and 36 (+1) in the rural area.