Two more people in Wood Buffalo have recovered from COVID-19.
The provincial government’s case location map was updated on Friday for the first time in three days after a power outage at the testing laboratory.
The two individuals who contracted the illness in the rural area have since recovered from the virus.
This brings the total to six recoveries across the RMWB. In the province, 1,124 individuals have recovered.
One case which was previously reported in Fort McMurray has been removed, leaving just two active cases in the community.
Twelve individuals with COVID-19 in Alberta are linked to the outbreak at Imperial Oil’s Kearl Lake site. Several others living in different provinces are also linked, however, that number hasn’t been released.
As of Thursday, the company said there were two active cases on-site and 10 off-site.
It’s also unclear if the two recovered cases in the rural area were the two cases at Kearl Lake.
Meanwhile, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, also announced on Friday 239 new cases of COVID-19 across the province.
This raises the provincial total to 2,397.
Hinshaw says the big rise is mostly due to additional testing.
There are also no new deaths in the province over the past 24-hours.
Also, 400 cases are believed to be from community transmission. Hinshaw adds she will be releasing data in regards to community transmission next week.